Our accommodations always come with fresh flowers, please let us know beforehand if you have any special requests, for things such as flowers or wine.
Relax and enjoy the breathtaking view of Lake Superior or go a short distance in any direction to take in dining, cultural attractions or premier outdoor recreation.
- Bird watching, Hawk Ridge Observatory, Stoney Point (pdf)
- Gitche Gumee and Willard Munger bike trails
- Boundary Water Canoe Area Wilderness
- Nine State Parks along Lake Superior’s North Shore: Cascade River, George H. Crosby Manitou, Gooseberry Falls, Grand Portage, Judge C. R. Magney, Split Rock Lighthouse, Temperance River.
- Superior Hiking Trail
- Cross-country and downhill skiing – Lutsen Mountain, Spirit Mountain, and Mont Du Lac
The Inn on Gitche Gumee is refreshingly removed from the Dululth’s Canal Park hotel district and yet conveniently located minutes away from downtown shopping, theaters, municipal parks, skiing and other attractions.
Visit Duluth and enjoy its 129 municipal parks, two 27-hole golf courses, eight self-guided hiking trails, 41 tennis courts, 45 miles of snowmobile trails, five (44k) groomed cross-country ski trails, bikeways, Lakewalk, public gardens and endless beaches.
The Duluth/Superior and North Shore area has five airports and twelve , safe harbors for small craft access, charter fishing, kayaking, and sailing.
For more information on area attractions and a calendar of events, try linking to Visit Duluth, Explore Minnesota, Positive Energy Outdoor (ed)Ventures, or Lake Superior North Shore Association.